SLIDE

martes, 29 de abril de 2008

Rue du Temple, Paris


Rue du Temple, Paris, originalmente cargada por Rita Crane Photography.

[Three images here for you, Flickr friends -- of Paris -- all mostly neutral tones and each a glimpse of the human side of Paris. Scroll down for the other two.]

Technical note: I did selective color treatment here in PS, removing green, cyan, magenta, and blue, as it was rather dark already when I took the picture, and I didn't have a tripod, so no chance to get a long exposure and recover the dim colors that way. I also used a very slight bit of blur to soften the mood, then used Channel Mixer to give an overall warm toned effect.

Description: Red Lanterns on Rue du Temple!! One more reason to love Paris and France: a country that has accepted diverse cultures for centuries. How delightful to discover this scene as I was wandering around the Marais, on Chinese New Year 2007. I had come to Paris to photograph historic cafes for a series I am working on, and was crossing through the Marais looking for motifs. I wasn't expecting this: Ancient China meets Rue du Temple in Paris!! My dear, lovely, fascinating Paris.....you are full of surprises!


Share/Save/Bookmark